Friday, March 27, 2009

The Maiden Voyage

In the movie Ferris Bueller's Day Off Ferris's best friend Cameron lived in a house that had a glass garage which showcased a classic car which only had a couple hundred miles on it.
Cameron's dad babied this car by polishing it, cleaning it, gazing at it and I'm sure showing it off to everyone who came over to the house. That was until Ferris talked Cameron into taking his fathers car out only for a "short" drive. Then hilarity ensued.

Last week I felt a lot like Careron's dad and how he handled his car. If you recall I recently got the mother of all bikes for my birthday. That was a week ago Thursday. Ever since then it has either rained or I've had other obligations to take care of so I have had to resort to just gazing my this shiny new bike and telling other people about it at nauseam. Seriously, every time it has quit raining I have run home and by the time I could get my cycling gear on another monsoon would start. It was enough to make a grown man cry.

Well, yesterday I was able to work from home and as I stared out the window it was clear. Hour after hour the rain stayed away. Could this be the day that I finally got to take my new bike out for a spin? The rain continued to hold off throughout the day and it became increasingly harder to concentrate so at 2 I shut my laptop and headed out for a quick ride.

I can sum up my thoughts on this bike with one word. Thatsonefastsmoothsweetbike! I definitely felt like Ferris Bueller out on the town doing some joy riding on the sweetest bike around. I had so much fun on my ride I didn't want to come back but the kids needed a ride to piano lessons so alas I had to come home. I still have some tweaking to do to dial the proper fit in but that's the fun part. So if you're around the area and you see a guy that looks like he just can't quit grinning there's a good chance it's me. In fact, it will probably look like this.



4 comments:

Jenny-Jenny said...

Mike and Lightning...what a pair.

Dawn said...

My! You do Smile!!

Linda said...

LOL! That smile says Madone all over it!

Groover said...

Oh the torture. There is nothing worse than not being able to ride your new ride ... Happy belated birthday! :-)