Tuesday, August 26, 2008

The Princess Turns 9

Last nights ride wasn’t very uneventful. I didn’t get to riding until 8:30 so it was another inside trainer ride. I rode for an hour while Jenny and I watched a couple of episodes of the Gilmore Girls Season 3. I really struggled to make it an hour. I swear this should be getting easier but not so far. I guess I have that to look forward to. Pretty soon I’m going to start introducing intervals. I’m not looking forward to that.

On another note yesterday was Denise’s 9th birthday. She made out pretty well. She scored on all kinds of lute from Earrings to Barbies. This was right up Denise’s alley. Last night we also went out for dinner in celebration of Denise’s birthday to Cristianos. When we entered the restaurant I noticed that people were staring at Denise and pointing. I was wondering what the heck was going on then I took a look at her and instantly knew what all the fuss was about. She wore a tiara and a sequined scarf all day yesterday. Oh to be a 9 year old princess!

Because it was Denise’s birthday she got her very own bowl of ice cream. Of course we all helped ourselves to at least a spoonful but Denise got to enjoy the rest.




Denise also requested a beach scene birthday cake. When she told us all of the details of her cake requirements like must have waves and a beach with a mermaid I thought there was no way possible to make this cake.

Little did I know that Jenny had such cake decorating skills. Check this cake out. Just what Denise asked for.



Not too shabby. I think when my birthday rolls around I’ll request a Tour de France Alp D'huez cake with all of the switchbacks and fans lining the road. I can’t wait.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh, baby you have high hopes for a birthday cake. i thought a candle in an egg roll was your dream?!