Friday, August 22, 2008

Mutual Night Trainer Ride

On Wednesday night all of the kids went their separate ways except for Denise. Since we wanted to get some riding in we went down to the Redbox and rented The Spiderwick Chronicles. This turned out to be a really good movie. It’s one of those movies that the kids and adults enjoy. Bonus! Since the better TV is downstairs, Jenny and I carried our bikes and trainers downstairs to ride. I must admit that it was a pain to drag our gear downstairs but it was great to ride on our tile floor watching the larger TV that is hooked up to the stereo.

The only thing that we forgot to bring down for our ride was our fans. I was fine for the first 20 minutes of the ride but after that boy did I get hot. In fact, there were times where I thought my head was going to explode. You know the feeling right? I was able to ride through it though and made it for my allotted hour ride.

These days I can ride my trainer for an hour but it’s still a bit of a struggle for me. I’m working toward riding fairly comfortable for an hour and then I’ll start adding interval rides to the mix. More to come on that.

So, two rides down for the week so far. I’m hoping to get outside for another ride this weekend. It will be nice to enjoy the out of doors. It feels like the outside riding opportunities are quickly slipping away from us again.

Stats
Duration: 1 hour
Distance: 15 miles

No comments: