As I stared at it a little longer I figured out that she had attached a vanilla air freshener to her bike. At this point I slipped into some momentary cycling thought.
- Why would she attach an air freshener to her bike?
- Did her bike smell?
- Does she have an aversion to the smell of chain oil?
- Did "I" smell and she couldn’t face me with the honest truth so she resorted to an air freshener?
- Do air fresheners secretly increase the aerodynamic qualities of cycling?
- Would having an air freshener attached to your bike make pace lining a pleasant smelling and refreshing experience?
After a couple of seconds I snapped out of my cycling thought enough to simply ask her about her air freshener cycling accessory.
She told me in a very matter of fact tone “Dad I have it on my bike because my friend gave it to me”
Duh, why didn’t I think of that?
I guess I should just go back to my usual deep cycling thought topics such as:
Why isn’t funner a word?
If I could choose one super power what would it be?
These topics are a lot safer.