When you spend the better part of a weekend hanging out with cyclists riding the STP you're bound to hear some funny things. Here are some gems that I heard in my STP travels.
- Guy coming out of shower truck passing sweaty cyclists standing in line – "clean guy coming through don't touch me"
- Climbing really steep hill into Portland with 2 miles left after riding 200 miles – "Is this some kind of sick joke?"
- After Mike accidentally ran a red light – "Honest I didn't see it until I was half way through the intersection. I was deep in cycling thought thinking about things like why isn't funner a word and why does chocolate taste so good".
- Two guys talking to each other at finish line party – "last year I got a huge cheer from hundreds of people when I crossed the finish line. I thought I was pretty special until I got my finish line photo back and noticed that I had a huge snot bubble hanging out of my nose at the time."
- Guy pouring red bull into water bottles after crossing over into Oregon with 40 miles left to go – "The next fill up it could be beer. You never know."