Wednesday, June 24, 2009
A couple of times a year I go through my seat bag and clear out the weird things that I end up carrying around with me on my bike. I usually do this before the winter riding starts and then in the spring. Since I'll be riding back to back centuries in a couple of weeks I was curious what I had in my seat bag. Above is what I found.
* Spare Tube, I haven't had a flat in over 2 years. I hope this tube still holds air but I really don't want to find out.
* Multipurpose Tool
* Tire Levers
* 87 Cents, not sure where this came from and why I'm carrying around pennies.
* Tylenol and Ibuprofen, I don't ride anywhere without some Vitamin I and T. I don't use it very often but when I do it works like a champ
* Powerbar, I really hate these things. I'm not sure why I'm carrying it with me because even if I was bonking I might not even eat it. As you can tell it's been smashed in the back of my bag for quite some time.
* Black Cherry Almond Clif Bar, I saw this at the grocery store and it sounded great. When Jenny saw it she turned her nose up at it. So it's all mine. I'll probably eat it this Friday. Already looking forward to it.
* Glass Cleaners, I don't use these very often but they come in handy in getting road grime off of your sunglasses.
* Surgical Glove, I use this to change tires or put on dropped chains. That way you don't have to ride with a grease covered hand the rest of the ride. I love these things.
Well, that's it. I going to get rid of that power bar and replace it with a Gel and when I do the double century a couple of chamious creme packets will also be added. See anything I'm missing?
Posted by Mike J at 10:00 PM