Friday, June 12, 2009

Photo of the Week

This weeks photo was taken a couple of years ago in the winter.  Jenny and I got caught in a rain storm 10 miles away from our car.  As we kept riding the rain got steadily harder but it didn't dampen our spirits for some reason.  It was one of the better rain rides I've ever been on.  By the time we got back to the car I literally poured water out of my cycling shoes.  The hot shower after that ride never felt better.  Makes me appreciate summer all the more these days.



Have a great weekend!

6 comments:

Linda said...

"Ok Mike, I'm smiling for the photo. Now can you just please take the shot already so we can get HOME?"

331 Miles said...

Looks like fun! As long as I don't have to drink a lot of road spray riding in a group, I enjoy riding in the rain in the summer. Keep it in the big ring so you don't torque and slip the rear wheel...

Jenny-Jenny said...

I don't think I've ever been so wet. Even though that day was fun, I have to admit I avoid riding in the rain as much as I can.

The Old Bag said...

It's one thing to get caught in the rain...quite another to start out in the rain!

Judith said...

Sounds like Lance Armstrong style training - dont look out of the window...just get on your bike and go!

Philippe said...

I hate rain!
The picture is great! Keeping the smile in those condition is hard to do ;)