Monday, September 8, 2008

Catching Up

Back in mid July I had a goal for myself to ride 3 times a week in order to get ready for the STP next year. This actually equates to 45 miles a week. I was able to get ahead of that goal for a couple of weeks but with a two week vacation and multiple birthdays I’ve managed to fall behind. Two weeks ago I was 100 miles behind my cumulative goal. Not a good way to start out. With the good weather last week and the Labor Day holiday I was able to make my goal for the week and cut into my cumulative mileage goal deficit by 25 miles. I’m only down by 75 miles now.

My plan for this week is to continue to cut into this deficit a little more. I’d ultimately like to ride 4 times but we’ll see if I have time. Also, the last time I rode I noticed that my chain is in need of a major cleaning and lube. So, my stretch goal is to fit in a chain cleaning and lube. I’m always glad when I do that and it’s fun to dirty up some old t-shirts in the process anyway.

No comments: