Monday, May 3, 2010

What To Do When You're Sick

This morning I woke up with a scratchy throat, my ears were hurting and I was starting to lose my voice. By the way when I start to lose my voice I sound a lot like Barry White which isn’t a great thing but it’s a skill none the less.

As I stood in the shower I actually contemplated going to work for at least 5 minutes then called it off and decided to stay home. I sent the “I’m out sick email” to my boss and went back to bed.

When I woke up 3 hours later I still felt pretty bad so I did what all slightly crazy cyclists do when they are feeling a little under the weather. I rode on my trainer for an hour of course! The first time I tried riding while nursing a head cold I thought I’d last for 10 minutes before lapsing into a coma but to my surprise I actually rode strong and felt a lot better after my ride.

So after my ride today I’m feeling a lot better but I still sound like Barry White.

I’m thinking the Barry White thing is kind of a bonus to my sickness.

5 comments:

Linda said...

I never could tolerate Barry White, he sounded too sleazy. Never saw why women swooned over him. He wasn't even a cyclist! Hope you feel betetr and just an idea...don't quit your day job :)

Now, Geddy Lee, on the other hand...

Tracy said...

Hi, Mike! Do hope you are feeling better soon! :o) Thank so much for visiting at my place yesterday and sharing comments on The Blog Cafe post. Perhaps a cycling tour with stops at cafes is in your future after winning the lottery? ;o)

Jeff said...

I always feel a little better after exercise too. I've been hit with a cold, and I'm amazed how working on a computer all day just makes it worse and worse, but then going home and riding clears it up a little.

Jenny-Jenny said...

Sorry you're sick. It's the same with me and riding with a cold. I wonder... if we stayed on the bike for a whole 24 ours if we would get better altogether?!?

Groover said...

Oh, yeah, baby ... Where is our voice sample?

Hope you are feeling better by now.