Friday, October 2, 2009

Photo of the Week

This photo was taken by Jenny on Orcas Island while I was riding up Mt. Constitution. By far this is one of my favorite photos of the year and has been a productivity killer at work. Now how that be you say, well when I got to work on Monday I made this my wallpaper picture on the desktop of my computer. I can't tell you how many times I've found myself staring at this picture and riding up this road in my mind. It's been a great little escape from the grind of work.


By the way, this bridge was constructed by the CCC in the 1930's as part of an economic stimulas program. Back then the CCC workers made $30 a month of which $25 when back home to their families. I'd say they did a great job with this bridge.

Looking at this picture I wish I was there right now on my bike.

The forecast is calling for rain this weekend. Hopefully, the weather will be better where you live and you'll be able to get out for a ride.

Have a great weekend.

4 comments:

Jenny-Jenny said...

Love that bridge!

jeff said...

Great bridge an dgreat picture! My Dad was with the CCCs as a young man in North Dakota. They did a lot of good things.

Groover said...

Apart from a few dust storms the weather has been perfect for riding here ... hope it doesn't rain and that you'll get a ride in (or three) this weekend

Judith said...

The photos that give you a whole emotional experience are the ones that are the best........